Sunday, February 18, 2018

Jan 31 - This weeks pictures



P-4 Classroom. The windows need to be purchased and installed.
 It can get pretty dusty.



Teaching fractions by cutting a tomato in half.
Check out the size of the knife!!

Someday this will be a vibrant, colorful and fun library for students
to come and explore other worlds and nourish their imaginations.


On my walk from the Primary School to TAFCOM I passed this.
I remember first seeing it probably 6 years ago when there was nothing in this area.
There is a lot more housing now. It is a special place to me.
Bibi means grandma which I am often called and find quite endearing.
Mzungu refers to a white person. It is never used derogatorily.
I feel like I should buy this place as my 2nd home!


The Baobab Tree is referred to as Africa's Tree of Life. It can reach 82 feet high and 46 feet in diameter!
They can live 1700 years and the fruit is known in the Western world as a Superfruit.

Moshi Library - Adult Section
Moshi Library - Children's Section

Mbuyuni Open Air Market for fresh fruits, vegetables, meat & fish

Elly standing next to a Termite Hill. They can have a diameter of up to 98 feet!
This is in Moshi where we were walking on Saturday.

This is new and built by the Rotary of Moshi. Each side is in a different language.
What's not to love about this place???

No comments:

Post a Comment